I finally managed to see a yacht on the water, the hull shape of which I did for Salt ship design six years ago. Ships of this class are usually built without haste. All parameters of the future yacht are being specified, many details are being made and redone. This is exactly the case when the appearance and design prevail over the hydrodynamic efficiency of the vessel. As often happens in the design process, the displacement of the vessel increases. In the case of this yacht, about 200 tons had to be added. Since the design had already been approved by the customer, it was necessary to try to keep the geometry of the hull above the waterline. The second problem was that at this stage the hull was already hydrodynamically optimized. This problem was solved by transforming the shape of the bow frames in the form of a bulb below the waterline and changing the shape of the underwater part of the stern. As a result, the resistance practically did not change.
There were no specific problems with the final smoothing of the hull. I usually don't distinguish between ship types when smoothing. Any hull, be it a barge or a super yacht, must be smoothed as high as possible. And now I can see the results of my work alive.